City Gas

City Gas is the sole producer and retailer of town gas in Singapore and also the sole user of the countryís low-pressure piped town gas supply network. City Gas has more than 700,000 customers across the residential, commercial and industrial segments in Singapore. In addition, City Gas markets gas appliances and offers comprehensive after-sales customer service.

City Gas has a production facility in Singapore, Senoko Gasworks, with a capacity of 1.6 million m3 per day. As the sole production facility of town gas in Singapore, Senoko Gasworks produces town gas from three continuous reforming plants and five cyclic reforming plants, each with a production capacity of 200,000 m3 per day. The plants are capable of using both natural gas and light virgin naphtha as feedstock. The town gas produced can either be stored in two spherical gasholders or sent out through the distribution network to customers.

Gas production is monitored, controlled and directed 24 hours a day, seven days a week from a central control room. At the heart of the central control room is a fully automated distributed control system. The distributed control system, which is a computerised process control system, enables the experienced plant controllers to operate, monitor and control the gas production and ancillary plant.

City-OG Gas Energy Services

In August 2013, City Gas together with Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (Osaka Gas) established a new business venture, City-OG Gas Energy Services Pte. Ltd., to market and sell natural gas to industrial customers in Singapore. City Gas holds a 51% share of the business venture, with the remaining 49% share held by Osaka Gas.

The business venture seeks to leverage on Osaka Gasí advanced technology and expertise in cogeneration systems and industrial furnaces to grow the natural gas retail business. City Gas, on the other hand, offers the business venture its extensive network and customer knowledge to develop and promote the business.

Mr Kenny Tan Chuan Huat

Chief Executive Officer, City Gas

Mr Kenny Tan Chuan Huat was appointed Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of City Gas Pte Ltd, as trustee of City Gas Trust (City Gas), with effect from 1 August 2016.

Before joining City Gas, Mr Kenny Tan had been the Head of Energy and Feedstock (Asia Pacific) of Linde Gas Asia Pte Ltd since August 2011. Prior to that, he held various senior positions in operations, supply and marketing functions at SP PowerGrid Ltd, Gas Supply Pte Ltd and City Gas.

Mr Kenny Tan holds a Masterís Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and a Bachelorís Degree in Mechanical Engineering with First Class Honours from the University of Bradford, United Kingdom.

Sitemap  |  Data Protection Statement  |  Keppel Capital  |  Keppel Infrastructure  |  Keppel Corporation
Copyright © 2017 Keppel Corporation Limited. All rights reserved.